April Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 57°F (14°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 39°F (4°C)
- Average Precipitation: 3.5"
While the temps in April are certainly fighting their way towards summer, the weather can vary widely during Chicago in the spring, so you'll want to pack accordingly -- for instance, the record April high is 91 degrees, the record low 11 degrees. See what I mean?
- Chicago Cubs Home Opener - April 1, 2011: With the Chicago Cubs, on the other hand, fans seem to pack Wrigley Field more for the experience of the historic venue than the game, especially considering the Cubs have not had a taste of championship victory since 1908.
- Chicago White Sox Home Opener - April 8, 2011: The Chicago White Sox enjoy a die hard fan base, further emboldened by the team's World Series win in 2005 -- their first since 1917.
- Chicago International Movies and Music Festival - April 14 - 17, 2011: An independent film festival organized by not only filmmakers but musicians as well, the fest "showcases visionaries and innovative works that unify us in ways that only movies and music can."
- Race to Wrigley 5k - April 16, 2011: This popular short race benefits Chicago Cubs Charities and starts and finishes at the iconic Wrigley Field.
- Easter - April 24, 2011: Easter hits a little early this year, and the tots will probably have to wear jackets while hunting for eggs. Here are some of my favorite spots for Easter brunch in Chicago.
- Buckingham Fountain's fantastic water display begins in mid-April. Try to catch it at night when it also includes multi-colored lights and music.