February Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 33°F (1°°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 17°F (-8°C)
- Average Snowfall: 8.0"
- February in Chicago is a little less brutal than January, but considering almost all the days average a low below freezing, it's important to pack for cold weather.
- President's Day - February 20, 2012: Because it is a federal holiday, all Chicago government offices and some businesses are closed. Most attractions and museums maintain their regular hours on this day -- however, keep in mind that because schools are closed as well, they tend to be crowded with local residents looking for something to do with the kids.
- Chicago Auto Show 2011 at McCormick Place - February 10 - 19, 2012: The Chicago Auto Show has been taking place annually for over 100 years, and it is the largest auto show in the United States.
- Valentine's Day in Chicago - February 14: Of course, the big holiday for couples in February is Valentine's Day. Treat your significant other with dinner at one of Chicago's romantic restaurants and a night at a luxury hotel.
- Chicago Restaurant Week - February 17 - 26, 2012: Chicago Restaurant Week is a fantastic opportunity to get a taste of fine dining without breaking the bank, as over 130 restaurants throughout Chicago offer a 3-course prix-fixe meal at the same price.
- Black History Month: February is officially Black History Month in the United States. A great way to celebrate than a trip to Chicago's DuSable Museum of African American History.
- Millennium Park Ice Skating - daily, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., weather permitting: Strap on the skates and enjoy some outdoor winter fun in the shadow of Chicago's Bean.