July Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 84°F (29°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 63°F (17°C)
- Average Precipitation: 3.7"
July is a very popular travel month in Chicago -- Taste of Chicago is in full swing, Lake Michigan is bright blue and the water is warm, and there is plenty to do. Here are some important things to know when traveling to Chicago in July.
- Taste of Chicago - June 24 through July 3, 2011: The big daddy of Chicago summer festivals, the Taste of Chicago provides tons of food and great entertainment to over 3 million people each year.
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Navy Pier - July 4th, 2011, 9:00 p.m. (subject to change): Tourist hot spot Navy Pier will be providing a fireworks display with a patriotic music soundtrack. Here's the full Navy Pier fireworks schedule for the rest of the summer.
- Old St. Pat's World's Largest Block Party - July 15 & 16, 2011: The Old St. Pat's World's Largest Block Party is attended by over 25,000 people and features great music and food. It's also known as a huge singles party, and Old St. Pat's claims that over 70 couples have met at the block party and later married.
- Jammin' at the Zoo - July 22, 2011: Each summer the Lincoln Park Zoo presents its popular Jammin' at the Zoo concert series, featuring national music acts amongst the zoo animals and lush landscape.
- Summer in Chicago: this is by far my favorite season. Here are some of my favorite things to do during summer in Chicago.