June Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 79°F (26°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 57°F (14°C)
- Average Precipitation: 3.7"
June in Chicago is a great month, the sun is shining bright, it's generally not too hot, and the festival season gets into full swing. Here are some important things to know when traveling to Chicago in June.
- Summer in Chicago: this is by far my favorite season when Chicago shows its best. Here are some of my favorite things to do during summer in Chicago.
- Chicago Blues Festival - June 10 - 12, 2011: One of Chicago's largest festivals and also dubbed the "largest free blues festival in the world," the Chicago Blues Festival draws the heavy hitting performers on the blues scene.
- Printer's Row Lit Fest - June 4 & 5, 2011: A bookworm's delight, the Printers Row Lit Fest offers author programs, tons of new and used book sellers, and a kids' area offering family activities and entertainment, all within this south Loop neighborhood.
- Fathers Day - June 19, 2011: There's plenty to do with Dad in the Windy City. Why not treat him to a Cubs game at historic Wrigley Field, or a dinner at one of Chicago's steakhouses? Or the best sounding option for a father of two young ones like myself, stay at a hotel like the Sheridan Hotel Chicago that offers babysitting services and Mom and Dad can slip off by themselves for a romantic Chicago Odyssey cruise on Lake Michigan.
- Jammin' at the Zoo - June 24, 2011: Each summer the Lincoln Park Zoo presents its popular Jammin' at the Zoo concert series, featuring national music acts amongst the zoo animals and lush landscape.
- Taste of Chicago - June 24 through July 3, 2011: The big daddy of Chicago summer festivals, the Taste of Chicago provides tons of food and great entertainment to over 3 million people each year.
- Race to Taste - June 26, 2011: This annual Taste of Chicago 5k run kicks off opening weekend of the huge food fest.
- Chicago Gay Pride Parade - June 26, 2011: Held the last Sunday of June each year, Chicago's Gay Pride Parade is quite a party and draws a huge crowd.