March Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 45° F (7° C)
- Average Low Temperature: 28° F (-2° C)
- Average Precipitation: 2.7"
- Average Snowfall: 7.0"
It's a running joke around the Windy City that we don't have a spring or fall, so when traveling in March to Chicago it's best to plan for various weather situations. To prove my point, the record high for March is 88 degrees, the record low -8 degrees. Dress in layers to be able to better cope with either a dip or rise in temperature.
March Notable Events
- St. Patrick's Day Parade 2011 - March 12, 2011 at noon: Chicago has a rich Irish background, and it comes to the forefront on St. Patrick's Day. The St. Patrick's Day Parade is the largest in the city, and held every year the Saturday before the holiday.
- Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show 2011 - March 5 - 13, 2011: For those of you with a green thumb (which is so not me), definitely plan on heading over to the Chicagoland Flower and Garden Show at Navy Pier. The show features over 100 exhibitors offering gardening products and services as well as numerous gardening seminars.