November Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 47°F (8°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 32°F (0°C)
- Average Precipitation: 2.7"
- Average Snowfall: 2.9"
A chill is in the air, the leaves are off the trees, and Chicago gears up for the upcoming holiday season. Here are some other important things to know when traveling to Chicago in November.
- Thanksgiving 2011: This year, Thanksgiving is on November 24, 2011. Don't have a place to settle for a home cooked meal? Then try one of these Chicago restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner.
- Chicago Outlet Malls: Speaking of shopping, what better way to celebrate "Black Friday" -- the day after Thanksgiving, and typically the busiest shopping day of the year -- than snapping up loads of bargains at one of Chicago's outlet malls?
- Christmas Around the World - November 17, 2011 - January 8, 2012: Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry gets into the holiday spirit by taking a look at how various cultures celebrate the winter holiday across the globe.
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival 2011 - November 19, 2011: The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival officially kicks off the Christmas season in Chicago, with numerous fun family activities and the highlight, the Mickey Mouse parade illuminating over one million lights along Michigan Avenue.
- Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade - November 24, 2011: New York City's not the only one with a grand Thanksgiving day parade -- Chicago's is pretty great, too, and has been since 1934.
- Chicago Christmas Tree Lighting - TBD: Head to Daley Plaza to witness the lighting of a giant evergreen tree, donated by an area resident and decked out in thousands of lights.
- Christkindlmarket Chicago - November 23 through December 24, 2011: The largest of its kind in the United States, this German holiday market offers unique crafts and gifts for sale, a variety of entertainment, as well as German food and drinks.
- Lincoln Park Zoo's ZooLights - various nights through January 2, 2012: Lincoln Park Zoo gets into the holiday season when it decks itself with lights, Santa's Safari, ice carving demonstrations, and more.