September Chicago Weather
- Average High Temperature: 74°F (23°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 55°F (13°C)
- Average Precipitation: 3.4"
September is a wonderful time of year in Chicago -- the mild temps and the diminished crowds is ideal for sightseeing. But bring a sweater of light jacket, as the temps at night can get on the chilly side. Here are some important things to know when traveling to Chicago in September.
- Labor Day - September 5, 2011: Labor Day is noteworthy because it's the last day Chicago beaches are open for swimming until spring. While almost all major attractions are open on Labor Day, city and federal offices are closed. Check out this list of Chicago Labor Day activities
- Chicago Jazz Festival - September 1 - 4, 2011: Grant Park plays host to the Chicago Jazz Festival, which brings jazz greats to Chicago from all over.
- Mexican Independence Day Parade - September 10, 2011: On Columbus Drive between Balbo and Monroe. Parade steps off at 12 noon.
- Chicago Gourmet 2011 - September 23 - 25, 2011: This foodie paradise features samples and demonstrations from over 50 of Chicago's best chefs, 300 wineries, and over 65 spirit providers. But be warned -- such gourmet decadence comes with a price.