There are many deals to be had for the serious bargain hunter who is willing to venture outside the city limits and commit themselves to a designer clothing fiesta at discount store prices. All located directly off major interstates, these Chicago outlet malls are an adventure for anyone who has champagne taste on a beer budget, or can't bear to buy anything at full price.
Dougal Waters/Digital Vision/Getty Images
For bargains on upscale merchandise as bags by Kate Spade and Coach to fashion by Giorgio Armani to Elie Tahari, the Chicago Premium Outlets collection of 120 outlet stores is a must for the materialist on a budget. Chicago Premium Outlets is located 45 minutes west of downtown.
- Address: 1650 Premium Outlets Boulevard, Aurora, Illinois
- Phone: 630-585-2200
- By Car From Downtown: I-290 West to I-88 West, exit at Aurora, Farnsworth Avenue North
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-6pm
45 miles north of Chicago, Gurnee Mills has something for everyone. For the kids, attractions include the Reptile Zoo, Rainforest Café, Disney Store, Rink Side Sports and cineplex. And of course over 200 outlet stores for the grownups. Gurnee Mills is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Chicago.
- Address: 6170 W. Grand Avenue, Gurnee, Illinois
- Phone: 847-263-7500
- By Car: I-94 West, exit at Grand Avenue (IL 132) West
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-9pm, Sat 10am-9:30pm, Sun 11am-7pm
50 stores with brand name merchandise, this outlet has recently undergone a major renovation and added stores such as Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Banana Republic and others. Located 50 miles northwest of Chicago, bargain shoppers will also notice the big blue Ikea store along the way.
- Address: 11800 Factory Shops Blvd, Huntley, Illinois
- Phone: 847-669-9100
- By Car From Downtown: I-90 West, exit at Route 47 North
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-7pm