Cadillac Palace Theatre Seating Chart:
Cadillac Palace Theatre Seating Capacity:
Cadillac Palace Theatre Phone:
About the Cadillac Palace Theatre Chicago:
Chicago's Cadillac Palace Theatre first opened opened in 1926, at the corner of Randolph and LaSalle. The theatre quickly became popular, and developed quite the buzz with its rich French-inspired interior. Designed by famous architects, the Rapp Brothers, the Palace routinely packed its 2,500 seats with audiences eager to see the rising stars of vaudville's Orpheum Circuit, among them Bob Hope, Jack Benny, and Mae West.
However, the Palace appeared on the scene seemingly after vaudeville's popularity had peaked, and it was converted into a movie theater in 1931. As time went on, like many of Chicago's downtown theaters the Palace struggled to attract crowds and soon fell into disrepair. In 1984, it was renamed the Bismarck Theatre and had mixed success as a rock venue. Finally, in 1999, the Cadillac Palace Theatre became part of the attempt to revive downtown Chicago's theater scene and besides a corporate sponsor, it also received a complete restoration and renovation.
Now, the Cadillac Palace Theatre is home to quality Broadway musicals, having hosted big hits such as "Aida", "The Producers", "Mamma Mia", "The Lion King", and the Oprah produced "The Color Purple".