Traveling to Chicago over Thanksgiving but don't have anywhere to pull up to the table for Thanksgiving Dinner? Don't worry, you won't be stuck eating peanuts out of the mini-bar, there are several great restaurants in the city that will be open and serving up Thanksgiving eats.
Listed prices generally do not include alcoholic beverages or gratuity, unless otherwise noted. All prices/hours/food offerings are subject to change, so it's best to call ahead.
The oenophile in your life will probably vote for Thanksgiving dinner at BIN 36, one of Chicago's premiere wine destinations. Chef John Caputo is putting out a three course feast with sides served family style, paired with wine director Brian Duncan's expertly matched wine selections.
- Address: 339 N. Dearborn St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-755-9410
- Thanksgiving Hours: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $48; Children 5-12: $20
Chicago Cut Steakhouse isn't getting to adventurous with their Thanksgiving dinner with offerings like maple-glazed roast turkey and basil-whipped potatoes, but they make up for it with a great view of the Chicago River. The restaurant's full a la carte menu offerings will be available as well.
- Address: 300 N. LaSalle St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-329-1800
- Thanksgiving Hours: 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $40; Children 2-12: $20
Nestled at the bottom of the Hotel Blake, Custom House Tavern is giving its refined rustic sensibility to the Thanksgiving menu, featuring a four-course tasting menu heavy on sustainable and regional ingredients. Their a la carte menu items will also be available.
- Address: 500 S. Dearborn St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-523-0200
- Thanksgiving Hours: 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $65; Children 2-12: $30
David Burke's Primehouse, an excellent steak joint in the James Hotel, is swapping out the beef for turkey for their 4 course Thanksgiving dinner.
- Address: 616 N. Rush St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-660-6000
- Thanksgiving Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $43; Children: $15; Children under 10: Free
Deca Restaurant & Bar, a brasserie off the 12th floor lobby of the Ritz-Carlton, is putting out a Thanksgiving spread worthy of its luxury hotel home. The huge buffet will feature scores of soups and salads, antipasti and cheeses, a carving station, a crab cake station, and even a special station for the kids with items like mini turkey meat balls, cheeseburger sliders, and herbed baked chicken strips.
- Address: 160 E. Pearson St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-573-5160
- Thanksgiving Hours: Seatings at 11:00 and 11:30 a.m., 1:00, 1:30, 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $105; Children 5-12: $40
- Address: 733 W. Madison St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-602-2100
- Thanksgiving Hours: Noon - 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $28.95; Children under 12: $16.95
Lockwood, in the Palmer House Hilton, serves an "all-American" Thanksgiving dinner, with a number of classic dishes served with a contemporary flair.
- Address: 17 E. Monroe St., Chicago
- Phone: 312-917-3404
- Seating Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Cost: Adults: $58; Seniors: $48; Children 6 - 12: $25; Children under 6: Complimentary
Markethouse, just off the Magnificent Mile, serves American contemporary cuisine with a "farm fresh" perspective -- in other words, the menu shifts based on the availability of fresh, seasonal ingredients. For Thanksgiving, they're offering a prix fixe menu with items such as Lavender Buttermilk Biscuits with Huckleberry Jam, and Blis Maple Thyme Mopped Miller Farms Young Turkey.
- Address: 611 North Fairbanks Ct., Chicago
- Phone: 312-224-2200
- Thanksgiving Dinner Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (last seating at 9:00 p.m.)
- Cost: Adults: $28; Children 12 and under: $14
Zest, the contemporary restaurant inside the Intercontinental Chicago, is offering a Thanksgiving all day buffet. The brunch buffet will feature highlights such as a sushi/sashimi station, carving station, and a number of various appetizers and entrees.
- Address: 505 North Michigan Ave., Chicago
- Phone: 312-321-8844
- Thanksgiving Brunch Hours: 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Hours: 3:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Cost: Brunch - $55 per person; Dinner - Adults, $55; Children 5-12: $23